Key Facts Key Cases: Contract Law will ensure you grasp the main concepts of your Contract Law module with ease. This book explains in concise and straightforward terms:
- The rules regarding formation of contracts
- The contents of a contract
- Vitiating factors, factors which invalidate an otherwise validly formed contract
- The rules on discharge of contractual obligations
- Available remedies
Key Facts Key Cases is the essential series for anyone studying law at LLB, postgraduate and conversion courses and professional courses such as ILEX. The series provides the simplest and most effective way to absorb and retain all of the material essential for passing your exams. Each chapter includes:
- diagrams at the start of chapters to summarise key points
- structured headings and numbered points to allow for clear recall of the essential points
- charts and tables to break down more complex information
Where relevant, chapters also contain a Key Cases section which provides the simplest and most effective way to absorb and memorise essential cases needed for exam success.
- Essential and leading cases are explained
- The style, layout and explanations are user friendly
- Cases are broken down into key components by use of a clear system of symbols for quick and easy visual recognition
Table of Contents
1. Fundamentals of contract law 2. Formation of a contract: agreement 3. Formation of a contract: consideration & intention 4. Other factors affecting formation legal relations 5. Privity of contract and third party rights 6. The contents of the contract: Terms 7. The contents of a contract; exclusion clauses 8. Vitiating factors: Misrepresentation 9. Vitiating factors: Mistake 10. Vitiating factors: Duress and Undue Influence 11. Vitiating factors: Illegality 12. Discharge of contract 13. Remedies
Chris Turner LLM is a Senior Lecturer in law at Wolverhampton University.
Series editors: Jacqueline Martin LLM, who has ten years’ experience as a practicing barrister and has taught law at all levels and Chris Turner LLM.