Entrepreneurship is vital for companies’ success, to allow them to adapt and grow in today’s interlinked and turbulent business environments. Yet as they grow in size and complexity, many companies become less innovative and more rigid. The challenge of how to deal with these trends has led to the rise of the field of Corporate Entrepreneurship, looking at the development of new business ideas and opportunities within established firms. This book provides an effective entry point to Corporate Entrepreneurship as an academic field and a management practice.
Corporate Entrepreneurship leads readers through an overview of real-life Corporate Entrepreneurship; the aims, organisational models, implementation and results. Covering theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and practical concerns, the book also switches between the perspective of the individual and the organisation.
Written by two specialists of the discipline, the book includes a wealth of real-life case studies, covering over three decades of Corporate Entrepreneurship practices, by companies of all sizes, geographies and sectors. With coverage of such topics as Internal Corporate Venturing and Participative Innovation, this thoughtful text will be required reading for entrepreneurship students around the world.
'Professors Bouchard and Fayolle have written an insightful, well researched, and practical book. Their valuable contribution to the literature will be welcomed by several audiences, including students, researchers, and managers who seek to learn about the dynamics of corporate entrepreneurship.' — Dr. Jeffrey G. Covin, Samuel and Pauline Glaubinger Professor of Entrepreneurship, Indiana University
'Corporate entrepreneurship is essential for today’s firms. In this rigorous yet practical book, the authors offer a comprehensive account of the intellectual roots of corporate entrepreneurship as a concept, and of the most effective tools to implement it as a practice.' — Carlo Salvato, Bocconi University
1. Corporate Entrepreneurship in Practice: An Overview
2. Corporate Entrepreneurship in the Literature: An Overview
3. Corporate Entrepreneurship at L'Oreal: An Interactive Case Study
4. Corporate Entrepreneurship: A Secific Process?
5. Team Dynamics and Management in Corporate Entrepreneurship
6. Implementing Corporate Entrepreneurship: The Key Enablers
7. Implementing Corporate Entrepreneurship: Corporate Entrepreneurship Devices
8. Implementing Corporate Entrepreneurship: The Underlying Design Principles