Corrosion of Steel in Concrete
Understanding, Investigation and Repair
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 31, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Corrosion of Steel in Concrete: Understanding, Investigation and Repair is a guide for designing, constructing and maintaining reinforced concrete structures, such as buildings and bridges. It presents the basics of theory and practice in steel corrosion in concrete and reviews the latest research and developments such as progress on measuring the corrosion threshold for chloride induced corrosion.
This third edition compares the currently proliferating major national and international standards and guidance documents. New developments are considered, such as hybrid anodes for electrochemical treatment and the latest research and developments in assessment such as the use of ground penetrating radar to measure the chloride content of the concrete cover. It overhauls coverage of electrochemical repair and rehabilitation techniques and outlines recent innovations in structural repair and construction and investigates their implications for durability.
The book is ideal for practitioners and graduate students in structural engineering and concrete technology.
Table of Contents
2. Corrosion of Steel in Concrete
3. Causes and Mechanisms of Corrosion in Concrete
4. Condition Evaluation
5. Corrosion Monitoring
6. Physical and Chemical Repair and Rehabilitation Techniques
7. Electrochemical Repair Techniques
8. Rehabilitation Methodology
9. Modelling and Calculating Corrosion, Deterioration and Life Cycle Costing of Reinforced Concrete Structures
10. Design for Durability
11. Sustainability and Future Developments
Appendix: Sources of information on corrosion of steel in concrete
John P. Broomfield is a leading expert on the corrosion of steel in concrete structures, as a professional engineer and consultant around the world. He is the recipient of an NACE 2007 Technical Achievement Award and NACE 2017 Distinguished Service Award, and is co-editor of Cathodic Protection of Steel in Concrete and Masonry 2nd Edition