Course Notes: Criminal Law
Course Notes is designed to help you succeed in your law examinations and assessments. Each guide supports revision of an undergraduate and conversion GDL/CPE law degree module by demonstrating good practice in creating and maintaining ideal notes. Course Notes will support you in actively and effectively learning the material by guiding you through the demands of compiling the information you need.
• Written by expert lecturers who understand your needs with examination requirements in mind
• Covers key cases, legislation and principles clearly and concisely so you can recall information confidently
• Contains easy to use diagrams, definition boxes and work points to help you understand difficult concepts
• Provides self test opportunities throughout for you to check your understanding
• Illustrates how to compile the ideal set of revision notes
• Covers the essential modules of study for undergraduate llb and conversion-to-law GDL/CPE courses
• Additional online revision guidance such as sample essay plans, interactive quizzes and a glossary of legal terms at www.unlockingthelaw.co.uk
2. Actus Reus and Causation
3. Mens rea
4. Strict liability
5. Parties to a crime
7. General defences
9. Non-fatal offences against the person
10. Sexual offences
12. Robbery, burglary and other offences under the Theft Acts
14. Criminal Damage
Additional chapters on Inchoate offences, and Public order offences can be found on the companion website, www.hodderplus.co.uk/law
'This is a fabulous addition to the student book market... I only wish it had been available when I was a student!'
Dr. L Trickett, Nottingham Law School, UK
'This book is perfect for students who are coming to the subject for the first time....Understanding the law in its most simple form is essential, and this book allows you to do this.'
Amy Clatworthy - 3rd Year Law Undergraduate, University of Exeter