This book demonstrates that student achievement depends on school culture, the one element of your school at the foundation of everything that happens there. School culture is the system of beliefs, values, and expectations that governs the feelings and actions of everybody there. This book shows how principals can build relationships and connections to enhance school culture.
Practical and accessible, this book provides guidelines which will show you how to:
- communicate with teachers, students, and parents on a regular basis
- be "visible"
- recognize, utilize and empower your faculty
- Examining Your School's Culture: Strengthening Connections
- Improving the Culture and Enjoying Student Achievement
- The Principal's Role in Developing Connections
- Recognizing and Utilizing Teacher Leaders: Pioneering a Cultural Revolution
- Embrace Your Most Powerful Stakeholders: Parents
- To Help Ourselves, We Must First Help Others: The Student's Role
- Getting to the Heart: Building Community Schools
- Building Confidence, Inspiring Trust