Despite the undeniable importance of anti-evolutionism in American cultural history, and the plethora of publications since the 1980s, few libraries have collected more than the occasional book or pamphlet on creationism and early creationist periodicals are almost impossible to find. This collection makes available works on creationism by such stalwarts as Arthur I. Brown, William Bell Riley, Harry Rimmer, Byron C. Nelson, George McCready Price, Harold W. Clark and Frank Lewis Marsh. It also reprints three of the earliest and rarest creationist journals in America: the Creationist, the Bulletin of Deluge Geology and the Forum for the Correlation of Science and the Bible. The collection as a whole plays an important part in the continuing debate in America over science and religion. There is a new preface to all volumes by the series editor Ronald L. Numbers.
Table of Contents
1. Edited with introductions by Ronald L. Numbers Anti-Evolutionism Before World War I 978-0-367-40776-6
2. Edited with introductions by Ronald L. Numbers Creation-Evolution Debates 978-0-367-41035-3
3. Edited with introductions by Ronald L. Numbers The Antievolution Works of Arthur I. Brown 978-0-367-41498-6
4. Edited with an introduction by William Vance Trollinger, Jr. The Antievolution Pamphlets of William Bell Riley 978-0-367-41505-1
5. Edited with an introduction by Paul Nelson The Creationist Writings of Byron C. Nelson
6. Edited with an introduction by Edward B. Davis The Antievolution Pamphlets of Harry Rimmer
7. Edited with introductions by Ronald L. Numbers Selected Works of George McCready Price 978-0-367-43486-1
8. Edited with introductions by Ronald L. Numbers The Early Writings of Harold W. Clark and Frank Lewis Marsh 978-0-367-43746-6
9. Edited with introductions by Ronald L. Numbers Early Creationist Journals 978-0-367-43796-1
10. Edited with an introduction by Mark A. Kalthoff Creation and Evolution in the Early American Scientific Affiliation 978-0-367-44061-9.
Ronald L. Numbers is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Medical History and Bioethics, University of Wisconsin, USA.