Critical Perspectives on Rural Change
- Available for pre-order on May 18, 2023. Item will ship after June 8, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This series, originally published between 1990 and 1994 arose out of the increasing need for the international debate and dissemination of on-going empirical and theoretical research associated with rural areas in advanced societies. Rural areas, then, as now, their residents and agencies, are facing rapid social, economic and political change. Local, national and international political forces have direct influence upon rural areas, not only for those concerned with agriculture but also regarding rural development initiatives, overall economic and social policy and regional and fiscal arrangements. The volumes are designed to appeal to a wide audience associated with international comparative research. They provide reviews of research available at the original time of publication, taking as their focus one major theme per volume.
Table of Contents
1. Edited by Philip Lowe, Terry Marsden, Sarah Whatmore. Rural Restructuring 978-1-032-49604-7/ebook 978-1-003-39461-7
2. Edited by Philip Lowe, Terry Marsden, Sarah Whatmore. Technological change and the rural environment
978-1-032-49610-8/ ebook 978-1-003-39462-4
3. Edited by Sarah Whatmore, Philip Lowe and Terry Marsden. Rural Enterprise 978-1-032-49665-8/ ebook 978-1-003-39504-1
4. Edited by Terry Marsden, Philip Lowe and Sarah Whatmore. Labour and Locality 978-1-032-49619-1
5. Edited by Philip Lowe, Terry Marsden, Sarah Whatmore. Regulating agriculture 978-1-032-49706-8
6. Edited by Sarah Whatmore, Philip Lowe and Terry Marsden. Gender and Rurality 978-1-032-49762-4
Terry Marsden, Philip Lowe and Sarah Whatmore.