This insightful book addresses a variety of clinical issues--depression, displaced homemakers, sibling incest, and body image--from a feminist perspective.
Table of Contents
- Women’s Socialization and the Prevalence of Depression: The Feminine Mistake
- Addressing Stress Factors in Single-Parent Women-Headed Households
- The Psychological Impact of Family Law on Displaced Homemakers
- the Black Sisterhood: A Second Look
- Women’s Career Decision-Making Process: A Feminist Perspective
- Transforming Body Image: Your Body, Friend or Foe?
- Battered Women, Cultural Myths and Clinical Interventions: A Feminist Analysis
- Sibling Incest: The Myth of Benign Sibling Incest
- A Study of Issues in Sexuality Counseling for Women with Spinal Cord Injuries
- Counseling Women with Development Disabilities
- An Account of the Psychotherapeutic Process From the Perspective of a Client with a Disability
- Reference Notes Included