This book explores many essential topics in a basic and easy-to-understand manner. This book, and the accompanying Electronic Devices and Circuit Fundamentals, have been modified with significant updates in content. The books are developed using a classic textbook – Electricity and Electronics: A Survey (5th Edition) – as a framework. Both new books have been structured using a similar sequence and organization as previous editions. The previous edition of Electricity and Electronics: A Survey contained 18 chapters, 8 in the Electricity section and 10 in the Electronics section.
This book has been expanded to include 19 chapters, further simplifying content, and providing a more comprehensive coverage of the content. The content has been continually updated and revised through new editions and by reviewers over the years. Additional quality checks to ensure technical accuracy, clarity and coverage of content have always been an area of focus.
Each edition of the text has been improved through the following features:
- Improved and updated text content
- Improved usage of illustrations and photos
- Use of color to add emphasis and clarify content.
1. DC (Direct Current) Electrical Fundamentals
2. Electrical Components and Measurements
3. Ohm’s Law and Series Electrical Circuits
4. Parallel Circuits
5. Series – Parallel Circuits and Applications
6. Magnetism and Electromagnetism
7. Sources of DC Electrical Energy
8. AC (Alternating Current) Electrical Fundamentals
9. Sources of AC Electrical Energy
10. Capacitors and Capacitive Reactance
11. Inductance and Inductive Reactance
13. R–C (Resistive–Capacitive) Circuits
14. R–L (Resistive–Inductive) Circuits
15. R–L–C (Resistive–Inductive–Capacitive) Circuits
16. Time Constant and Wave-shaping Circuits
17. Math for AC Circuits
18. AC Problem Solving Circuits
19. AC Electrical Energy Conversion