272 pages | 25 B/W Illus.
This book focuses on understanding the analytics knowledge management process and its comprehensive application to various socioeconomic sectors. Using cases from Latin America and other emerging economies, it examines analytics knowledge applications where a solution has been achieved. Written for business students and professionals as well as researchers, the book is filled with practical insight into applying concepts and implementing processes and solutions.
The eleven case studies presented in the book incorporate the whole analytics process and are useful reference examples for applying the analytics process for SME organizations in both developing and developed economies. The cases also identify multiple tacit factors to deal with during the implementation of analytics knowledge management processes. These factors, which include data cleaning, data gathering, and interpretation of results, are not always easily identified by analytics practitioners.
This book promotes the understanding of analytics methods and techniques. It guides readers through numerous techniques and methods available to analytics practitioners by explaining the strengths and weaknesses of these methods and techniques.
Section I. Evolution and Adoption of the Analytics Process
1. Evolution of Analytics Concept
2. The Analytics Knowledge Management Process
Section II. Analytics Knowledge Applications in Latin America and Emerging Economies
3. Analytics Knowledge Application to Healthcare
Esteban Flores and Isabel Rodríguez
4. Diffusion of Adoptions on Dynamic Social Networks: A Case Study of a Real-World Community of Consumers
Mauricio Herrera, Guillermo Armelini, and Erica Salvaj
5. Prescriptive Analytics in Manufacturing: An Order Acceptance Illustration
Federico Trigos and Eduardo M. López
6. A Stochastic Hierarchical Approach for a Production Planning System under Uncertain Demands
Virna Ortiz-Araya and Víctor M. Albornoz
7. Big Data and Analytics for Consumer Price Index Estimation
Patricio Cofre and Gerzo Gallardo
8. Prediction and Explanation in Credit Scoring Problems: A Comparison between Artificial Neural Networks and the Logit Model
Edgardo R. Bravo, Alvaro G. Talavera, and Michelle Rodriguez Serra
9. A Multi-Case Approach for Informational Port Decision Making
Ana Ximena Halabi-Echeverry, Mario Ernesto Martínez-Avella, Deborah Richards, and Jairo Rafael Montoya-Torres
10. Data Analytics to Characterize University-Based Companies for Decision Making in Business Development Programs
León Darío Parra Bernal and Milenka Linneth Argote CusI
11. Statistical Software Reliability Models
Francisco Iván Zuluaga Díaz and José Daniel Gallego Posada
12. What Latin America Says about Entrepreneurship? An Approach Based on Data Analytics Applications and Social Media Contents
Laura Rojas De Francisco, Izaias Martins, Eduardo Gómez-Araujo, and Laura Fernanda Morales De La Vega
13. Healthcare Topics with Data Science: Exploratory Research with Social Network Analysis
Cinthya Leonor Vergara Silva