The aim of this book is to provide an internationally respected collection of scientific research methods, technologies and applications in the area of data science. This book can prove useful to the researchers, professors, research students and practitioners as it reports novel research work on challenging topics in the area surrounding data science. In this book, some of the chapters are written in tutorial style concerning machine learning algorithms, data analysis, information design, infographics, relevant applications, etc. The book is structured as follows:
• Part I: Data Science: Theory, Concepts, and Algorithms
This part comprises five chapters on data Science theory, concepts, techniques and algorithms.
• Part II: Data Design and Analysis
This part comprises five chapters on data design and analysis.
• Part III: Applications and New Trends in Data Science
This part comprises four chapters on applications and new trends in data science.
Table of Contents
Part I Data Science: Theory, Concepts, and Algorithms
- Framework for Visualization of GeoSpatial Query Processing by Integrating MongoDB with Spark
- A Study on Meta-heuristic based Neural Networks for Image Segmentation Purposes
- Study and Analysis of a Feature Subset Selection Technique using Penguin Search Optimization Algorithm
- A Physical Design Strategy on a NoSQL DBMS
- Large-Scale Distributed Stream Data Collection Schemes
- Big Data Analysis and Management in Healthcare
- Healthcare Analytics: A Case Study Approach using the Framingham Heart Study
- Bioinformatics Analysis of Dysfunctional (mutated) Proteins of Cardiac Ion Channels Underlying the Brugada Syndrome
- Discrimination of Healthy Skin, Superficial Epidermal Burns and Full-thickness Burns from 2D-Coloured Images Using Machine Learning
- A Study and Analysis of an Emotion Classification and State Transition System in Brain Computer Interfacing
S.Vasavi, P.Vamsi Krishna, Anu A. Gokhale
Navid Razmjooy, Vania V. Estrela, Hermes J. Loschi
Agnip Dasgupta, Ardhendu Banerjee, Aniket Ghosh Dastidar, Antara Barman, Sanjay Chakraborty
Marcos Jota, Marlene Goncalves, Ritces Parra
Tomoya Kawakami, Tomoki Yoshihisa, and Yuuichi Teranishic
Part II Data Design and Analysis
R.DHAYA, R.KANTHAVEL, FAHAD ALGARNI, M.DEVI
Carlos Polanco, Manlio F. Márquez, Vladimir N. Uversky, Thomas Buhse, and Miguel Arias Estrada
Aliyu Abubakar, Hassan Ugail, Ali Maina Bukar, Kirsty M. Smith
Subhadip Pal, Shailesh Shaw, Tarun Saurabh, Yashwant Kumar, Sanjay Chakraborty
Part III Applications and New Trends in Data Science
- Comparison of Gradient and Textural Features for Writer Retrieval in Handwritten Documents
- A Supervised Guest Satisfaction Classification with Reviews Text and Ratings
- Sentiment Analysis for Decision Making Using Machine Learning Algorithms
- Deep Learning Model: Emotion Recognition from Continuous Action Video
Mohamed Lamine Bouibed, Hassiba Nemmour and Youcef Chibani
Himanshu Sharma, Aakash and Anu G. Aggarwal
Mohamed Alloghani, Thar Baker, Abir Hussain, Mohammed Khalaf, Jamila MUSTAFINA, Mohammed Al-Khafajiy
R. Santhosh kumar, M. Kalaiselvi Geetha
Qurban A Memon has contributed at levels of teaching, research, and community service in the area of electrical and computer engineering. He has authored/co‐authored ninety seven publications over a period of about eighteen years of his academic career.
Shakeel Khoja is a Professor at Faculty of Computer Science, IBA and a Commonwealth Academic Fellow. He carries an overall professional experience of over 18 years and has over fifty research publications to his credit. He is also a reviewer of number of journals and conferences in the field of computer science.