Deep Learning and IoT in Healthcare Systems
Paradigms and Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 15, 2020
This new volume discusses the applications and challenges of deep learning and the internet of things for applications in healthcare. It describes deep learning techniques along with IoT used by practitioners and researchers worldwide.
The authors look at the role and impact that deep learning and the IoT plays in healthcare systems, such as the convergence of IoT and deep learning to enable things to communicate, share information, and coordinate decisions. The book includes deep feedforward networks, regularization, optimization algorithms, convolutional networks, sequence modeling, and practical methodology.
Chapters look at assistive devices in healthcare, alerting and detection devices, energy efficiency in using IoT, data mining for gathering health information for individuals with autism, IoT for mobile applications, and more.
The text offers mathematical and conceptual background that presents the latest technology as well as a selection of case studies.
Table of Contents
1. Deep Learning for Healthcare
C. Deepa and K. Tharageswari
2. Role of AI in Healthcare
3. Case Studies: Healthcare and Deep Learning
Ashish Tripathi et al.
4. Assistive Devices and IoT in Healthcare Functions
Abhineet Anand, Sai Prasad Mishra, and Subrata Sahana
5. Impact of IoT in Healthcare Assistive Devices
R. Indrakumari et al.
6. Smart Fall Detection Systems for Elderly Care
Pratik Bhattacharjee and Suparna Biswas
7. Smart Sensors Transforms Healthcare System
Amrita Rai et al.
8. Healthcare Applications of IoT
Ritam Dutta, Subhadip Chowdhury, and Ahmed A Elngar
9. Mobile App-Enabled Systems for Healthcare
Vikram Sandhu and Harleen Kaur
10. Energy Efficient Network Design for Healthcare Services
Amit Sehgal et al.
11. Applying Data Mining to Detect the Mental State and Small Muscle Movements for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Rashbir Singh, Prateek Singh, and Latika Kharb
Krishna Kant Singh, PhD, is an Associate Professor in Electronics & Communication Engineering at the KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad, India.
Akansha Singh, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, ASET, Amity University, Noida, India.
Jenn-Wei Lin, PhD, is currently a full professor with the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan.
Ahmed A. Elngar, PhD, is the Founder and Head of Scientific Innovation Research Group (SIRG) and Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the Faculty of Computers and Artificial Intelligence, Beni-Suef University, Beni-Suef, Egypt, where he is also a Director of the Technological and Informatics Studies Center (TISC), Faculty of Computers and Information.