Developing Global Business Communication in Asia A Business Simulated Case Study Approach
This book is an essential guide for anyone who wishes to develop successful business communication. It provides authentic and memorable workplace scenarios where learners become English communicators when solving authentic problems doing business together.
The book aims to help learners:
- Use authentic workplace materials to solve problems using English
- Understand how language can be used as a lingua franca effectively when communicating
- Understand how intertextuality between shared spoken and written texts drives communication
- Improve communicative performance in spoken and written texts
- Become familiar with the communication realities of workplaces that are becoming increasingly technology driven and globalised
This book will help learners become better equipped with communication strategies through its real life applicable and skills-based examples and will be a useful reference in the digital age.
Introduction. 1. Introduction to the Companies and Personnel of GlobeNet and CommunicAsian. 2. Opportunity Knocks for CommunicAsian. 3. Building a Business Response. 4. Winning the bid. 5. Building the team. 6. Planning the Project: People, Process and Technology. 7. Working on the project: the big ideas. 8. Problems, problems, problems. 9. Solution and Resolution. 10. Declare Success: Project Product Launch and Leadership. Appendix 1. The dictionary, business words and expressions. Appendix 2. The audio transcripts. Appendix 3. Reading lists.