This book takes the reader step-by-step through the process of helping parents understand the role of performance-based assessment in student learning. Included are:
- suggestions about what to emphasize during one-to-one meetings with parents.
- speeches and presentations you can deliver at PTSA meetings and school board sessions.
- transparency masters and handouts to enhance your presentations.
- Introducing Performance-Based Assessment: Changing Times Require Changes in Practice
- Some Basic Principles
- Introducing Performance-Based Assessment
- Sharing Knowledge About Performance-Based Assessment
- Teaching Performance-Based Skills to Parents
- Helping Parents Practice Performance-Based Skills
- Maintaining Communication
- References and Bibliography