The contributors to this book explore the current situation of North Korea in various aspects and provide policy suggestions for North Korea to become part of the international community and achieve sustainable development.
Focusing on three key areas of economic development, namely, international sectors, agriculture and urban development, and energy and environment, this book lays out recommendations and prospects for North Korea. Authors assess the current situation of North Korea, explore preconditions for becoming a member of the international community, and suggest policies necessary for the sustainable development of North Korea. They cover a wide range of areas including reforestation, WTO accession, and the potential for economic integration with South Korea. These evaluations draw on both what is understood about the current situation in North Korea and comparisons with other countries and territories.
This book will be a valuable resource for scholars and policy planners who focus on North Korea.
- Reformation·open-door policy and development proposal for North Korea
- Economic characteristics and prospects on economic development of North Korea
- North Korea’s marketization in the Kim Jong-un era: facts, evaluation, and outlook
- The economic effects of integration of South and North Korea
- Industrial structure and development strategy in North Korea
- Financing in the reform and opening of North Korea: what is precondition?
- Effect of WTO accession on North Korea and its implication for economic development
- Analysis on the DPR Korea’s agricultural revolution after economic crisis
- Innovation urban planning and development for Pyongyang from the collaboration with developed cities
- Projections on North Korea’s energy use and CO2 Emission
- The Paris Agreement and North Korea’s sustainable development
- Impact of forest degradation in the DPRK and restoration methodology
SUNG JIN KANG and TAE YONG JUNG
ZHENAN QUAN and SHIJUN CAO
TAE SOO KANG and DAHYUN KANG
HONGSHIK LEE and SUNG TAEK CHO
YOUNG HOON KIM and HYOCHAN OH
CHEON WOON CHOI and HONG SOO LEE
TAE YONG JUNG and JONGWOO MOON
WOO-KYUN LEE, SLE-GEE LEE and HYUN-AH CHOI