Digital Compositing with Blackmagic Fusion Essential Techniques
Create complex composites with Blackmagic Fusion. Learn the basics of node-based compositing and get up to speed quickly so you can undertake your own compositing projects.
In Digital Compositing with Blackmagic Fusion: Essential Techniques, industry veteran Lee Lanier covers the most important components, tools, and workflows any serious compositor needs to know. Practice your knowledge and skill as you read the book with the included mini-tutorials and longer chapter tutorials. An accompanying eResource features video image sequences, 3D renders, and other tutorial materials, allowing you to immediately practice the discussed techniques.
Critical topics in this book include:
- Tool / Node networks
- Color space and color channels
- Masking and rotoscoping
- Keyframing and animation splines
- Green screen keying
- The Fusion 3D environment
- Color grading and color manipulation
- Filter tools
- Motion tracking
- Particle simulation
- Stereoscopic workflow
1. Working with Nodes 2. Manipulating Channels 3. Combining Inputs 4. Transforming and Motion Tracking 5. Keyframing 6. Masking and Rotoscoping 7. Altering Inputs with Filters 8. Working with Keyer and Paint Tools 9. Working in the 3D Environment 10. Color Grading, Repair, and Distressing 11. Rendering and Project Management