Create complex composites with Blackmagic Fusion. Learn the basics of node-based compositing and get up to speed quickly so you can undertake your own compositing projects.
In Digital Compositing with Blackmagic Fusion: Essential Techniques, industry veteran Lee Lanier covers the most important components, tools, and workflows any serious compositor needs to know. Practice your knowledge and skill as you read the book with the included mini-tutorials and longer chapter tutorials. An accompanying eResource features video image sequences, 3D renders, and other tutorial materials, allowing you to immediately practice the discussed techniques.
Critical topics in this book include:
- Tool / Node networks
- Color space and color channels
- Masking and rotoscoping
- Keyframing and animation splines
- Green screen keying
- The Fusion 3D environment
- Color grading and color manipulation
- Filter tools
- Motion tracking
- Particle simulation
- Stereoscopic workflow
Table of Contents
1. Working with Nodes 2. Manipulating Channels 3. Combining Inputs 4. Transforming and Motion Tracking 5. Keyframing 6. Masking and Rotoscoping 7. Altering Inputs with Filters 8. Working with Keyer and Paint Tools 9. Working in the 3D Environment 10. Color Grading, Repair, and Distressing 11. Rendering and Project Management
Lee Lanier has worked as a professional computer animator and VFX (visual effects) artist since 1994. He has more than 70 features, shorts, music videos, trailers, and commercials to his credit. Lee has written ten high-end software books that have sold more than 30,000 copies, has authored VFX training videos for lynda.com, has taught VFX compositing at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood, and is a member of VES (Visual Effects Society). A strong supporter of the arts, Lee co-founded the Dam Short Film Festival—Nevada’s largest film festival—and continues to serve as its executive director. He also co-manages the Boulder City branch of Dr. Sketchy’s Anti-Art School, curates several art gallery spaces, and is an avid painter. You can see his work at beezlebugbit.com and diabolica-art.com.
Featured Author Profiles
Please visit our companion website for additional support materials.