In response to tremendous growth and new technologies in the semiconductor industry, this volume is organized into five, information-rich sections. Digital Design and Fabrication surveys the latest advances in computer architecture and design as well as the technologies used to manufacture and test them. Featuring contributions from leading experts, the book also includes a new section on memory and storage in addition to a new chapter on nonvolatile memory technologies.
Developing advanced concepts, this sharply focused book—
- Describes new technologies that have become driving factors for the electronic industry
- Includes new information on semiconductor memory circuits, whose development best illustrates the phenomenal progress encountered by the fabrication and technology sector
- Contains a section dedicated to issues related to system power consumption
- Describes reliability and testability of computer systems
- Pinpoints trends and state-of-the-art advances in fabrication and CMOS technologies
- Describes performance evaluation measures, which are the bottom line from the user’s point of view
- Discusses design techniques used to create modern computer systems, including high-speed computer arithmetic and high-frequency design, timing and clocking, and PLL and DLL design
Table of Contents
Fabrication and Technology. Memory and Storage. Design Techniques. Design for Low Power. Testing and Design for Testability.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- COMPUTERS / Computer Engineering
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Electrical
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Mobile & Wireless Communications