Digital Marketing Fundamentals
From Strategy to ROI
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after July 22, 2021
Marketing is now fundamentally a digital process, and this textbook was the first to comprehensively analyse marketing through a digital lens. As the field is evolving rapidly, this edition is fully updated to cover the latest developments in theory and practice, incorporating many international examples and cases.
The field is covered comprehensively, including expert insights into strategy, market research, product development, branding, and the customer journey. The book also discusses the role and importance of artificial intelligence, digital analytics, and social media while retaining the central focus on the crucial importance of return on investment.
With contributions from over twenty digital marketing experts, Digital Marketing Fundamentals is essential reading for students and reflective marketing practitioners.
Support material is available at: http://www.digitalmarketing.noordhoff.nl/
Table of Contents
1. Digital Marketing (Case: Digital Marketing at Marriott)
2. Strategy and Business Models (Case: Cleartrip)
3. Market Sensing (Case: How Alibaba benefits from Singles Day)
4. Product Realisation (Case: Hire your neighbour’s car with SnappCar)
5. Customer acquisition: digital brand communications (Case: Digital Brand communications at Patagonia)
6. Customer acquisition: recruiting visitors through owned or earned channels (Case: Samsung UK targets SMEs)
7. Customer acquisition: recruiting visitors through paid channels (Case: Under Armour ecommerce, Google Shopping)
8. Customer acquisition: sales and pricing (Case: ASOS)
9. Order processing (Case: IKEA focuses on customer experience and self-service)
10. Customer relationship management (Case: Fashion brand Diane von Furstenberg makes customers feel special)
11. Designing effective websites and apps (Case: An International Marketing Award for the Anne Frank Foundation)
12. Digital analytics (Case: Digital Analytics in practice at Van der Valk Hotels) 13. Planning and organisation (Case: Online food delivery service Deliveroo)
Marjolein Visser is a managing partner of MarketWise (services marketing) and TourWise B.V. (tourism). In addition, she provides training and inspiration sessions and is involved in various master’s programmes and higher professional education programmes.
Berend Sikkenga was a passionate digital manager with almost twenty years of experience from both an agency perspective and a corporate perspective. As head of ecommerce at LEGO, he was responsible for ecommerce and omnichannel in the Benelux.
Mike Berry is a Digital Marketing consultant, trainer and academic, with roles at Hult International Business School, Imperial College London, Cyprus International Institute of Management, and Grenoble Ecole de Management in Berlin and Moscow.
"Digital marketing knowledge and skills are the ‘go to’ for today’s marketers who must create valuable customer journeys across digital platforms. This book goes beyond the basics, explaining ‘why’ digital marketing is now essential. Practical case studies bring the theory to life. Highly recommended for marketing students and business practitioners who want to create long-lasting customer relationships in our digital world." Kate Jones, Senior Lecturer, Digital Marketing, AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand
"Digital technologies have changed the way we market to and engage with our audiences. We need to understand these technologies and add value to the customer journey. I recommend this book for anyone looking to develop their
digital marketing knowledge and skills." Marialena Zinopoulou, CEO, The Digital Marketing Association and Lecturer in Digital and Emerging Technologies in Marketing
"Today, more than ever, it is essential that marketers have a solid grounding in Digital Strategy and techniques. Employers are increasingly demanding these skills. This book provides exactly that and I recommend it." Christian Jensen-Broby, Vice President, Market Operations and Asset Management, Europe, Middle East and Asia, Marriott Vacations Worldwide