This book summarizes over 40 programs which enhance the success of students at risk. The emphases of these programs include individual students' learning skills, whole-school improvement, professional development, and parent and family improvement. Names and addresses of key people at each site are also included.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and background
- Program, Instructional, and Curricular Initiatives includes AVID, California Mini-Corps, Core Knowledge, Efficacy, Equity 200, HOSTS, HOTS, Success for All, etc.
- Comprehensive School Improvement Initiative includes Accelerated Schools, Coalition of Essential Schools, The Development Studies Center, The Con Edison Project, Effective Schools, etc.
- Teacher Training and Staff Development Initiative includes C-STARS, the National Writing Project, Reading Recovery, Teach for America, Teachers Network/Impact II, etc.
- District, State, and National Systemic Initiative includes Center for Educational Renewal, Center for Leadership in School Reform, The League of Professional Schools, The Institute for Urban and Minority Education, etc.
Thomas L. Williams