First published in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Series Introduction, Stephen L. Dilts, M.D., Ph.D.
Introduction, Richard N. Rosenthal, M.D.
1. Illicit Psychoactive Substance Use, Heavy Use, Abuse, and Dependence in a US Population-Based Sample of Male Twins, Kenneth S. Kendler, M.D., Laura M. Karkowski, Ph.D., Michael C. Neale, Ph.D., and Carol A. Prescott, Ph.D.
2. Diagnostic Subgroups within a Sample of Comorbid Substance Abusers: Correlates and Characteristics, Tony Toneatto, Ph.D., Juan Carlos Negrete, M.D., and Kim Calderwood, M.S.W.
3. Psychiatric Disorders Among Drug Dependent Subjects: Are They Primary or Secondary?, Wilson M. Compton, III, M.D., Linda B. Cottler, Ph.D., Deborah L. Phelps, Ph.D., Arbi Ben Abdallah, M.S., and Edward L. Spitznagel, Ph.D.
4. Reliability and Validity of Screening Instruments for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Adults Seeking Evaluation for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Barbara S. McCann, Ph.D., Tracy L. Simpson, Ph.D., Richard Ries, M.D., and Peter Roy-Byrne, M.D.
5. Implementing Dual Diagnosis Services for Clients with Severe Mental Illness, Robert E. Drake, M.D., Ph.D., Susan M. Essock, Ph.D., Andrew Shaner, M.D., Kate B. Carey, Ph.D., Kenneth Minkoff, M.D., Lenore Kola, Ph.D., David Lynde, M.S.W., Fred C. Osher, M.D., Robin E. Clark, Ph.D., and Lawrence Rickards, Ph.D.
6. Motivational Interviewing with Psychiatrically Ill Substance Abusing Patients, Steve Martino, Ph.D., Kathleen M. Carroll, Ph.D., Stephanie S. O'Malley, Ph.D., and Bruce J. Rounsaville, M.D.
7. Current Concepts in the Treatment of Depression in Alcohol-Dependent Patients, Patrick J. McGrath, M.D., Edward V. Nunes, M.D., and Frederic M. Quitkin, M.D.
8. Utilization of Psychosocial Treatments by Patients Diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and Substance Dependence, Roger D. Weiss, M.D., Monika E. Kolodziej, Ph.D., Lisa M. Najavits, Ph.D., Shelly F. Greenfield, M.D., M.P.H., and Lisa M. Fucito, B.A.
9. Screening and Diagnosis of Anxiety and Mood Disorders in Substance Abuse Patients, Ingmar H.A. Franken, M.Sc., and Vincent M. Hendriks, Ph.D.
10. Substance Use Disorders in Patients with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Review of the Literature, Leslie K. Jacobsen, M.D., Steven M. Southwick, M.D., and Thomas R. Kosten, M.D.
11. Social Functioning, Psychopathology, and Medication Side Effects in Relation to Substance Use and Abuse in Schizophrenia, Michelle P. Salyers, and Kim T. Mueser
12. Personality and Substance Use Disorders: A Prospective Study, Kenneth J. Sher, Bruce D. Bartholow, and Mark D. Wood