Key Facts Key Cases: EU Law will ensure you grasp the main concepts of your EU Law module with ease. This book explains the facts and associated case law for:
- The constitution of EU law, its institutions, the sources of EU law and the means of enforcement
- The relationship with national law
- The law of the single market
- EU competition law
- EU discrimination law and other social policy
Key Facts Key Cases is the essential series for anyone studying law at LLB, postgraduate and conversion courses. The series provides the simplest and most effective way to absorb and retain all of the material essential for passing your exams. Each chapter includes:
- diagrams at the start of chapters to summarise key points
- structured headings and numbered points to allow for clear recall of the essential points
- charts and tables to break down more complex information
Chapters are also supported by a Key Cases section which provides the simplest and most effective way to absorb and memorise essential cases needed for exam success.
- Essential and leading cases are explained
- The style, layout and explanations are user friendly
- Cases are broken down into key components by use of a clear system of symbols for quick and easy visual recognition
Table of Contents
1. The constitution and character of EU law 2. The Institutions of the European Union 3. The sources of European law 4. Enforcement of EU law 5. The relationship between EU law and national law 6. Introduction to the law of the internal market 7. Art 34 and Art 35 and the free movement of goods 8. Art 30 and customs tariffs, and Art 110 and discriminatory taxation 9. Art 45 and the free movement of workers 10. Art 49 and freedom of establishment, Art 56 and the right to provide services 11. EU competition law 12. Art 157 and anti-discrimination law 13. The social dimension
Chris Turner LLM is a Senior Lecturer in law at Wolverhampton University.
Series editors: Jacqueline Martin LLM, who has ten years’ experience as a practicing barrister and has taught law at all levels and Chris Turner LLM.