Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia 2013
Europa's comprehensive survey of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia.
New for 2013:
- a detailed discussion of the return to the Russian presidency of Vladimir Putin, and of political developments in Georgia and Ukraine in advance of their competitive parliamentary elections
- expanded directory coverage of the separatist and autonomous territories of the region
Leading authorities on the region analyze topics of regional importance, including: Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia after the international financial crisis; regionalism in Russia; the impact of the EU on energy reform in Moldova and Ukraine; poverty and social welfare, the politics of energy; and the politics of water.
Chapters on each country, containing:
- essays on its recent history and economy, and a chronology of events
- an extensive statistical survey of economic indicators
- a comprehensive directory of the most significant political, commercial and cultural institutions
Who's Who in Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia
- A directory of major international organizations and research institutes concerned with the region
- Select bibliographies of books and periodicals