Europa's comprehensive survey of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia.
Leading authorities on the region analyze topics of regional importance, including: Russian Foreign Policy: Between Continuity and Change; the Politics of Energy in the Caspian Sea region; the Economies of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia; Poverty and Social Welfare; the Politics of the South Caucasus, and the Politics of Water in Central Asia.
Chapters on each country, containing:
- essays on its recent history and economy, and a chronology of events
- an extensive statistical survey of economic indicators
- a comprehensive directory of the most significant political, commercial and cultural institutions
- a bibliography of books concerned with the country's history, politics and economy
- detailed coverage of the self-proclaimed secessionist territories of the region, including, for the first time, chronologies of events.
Who's Who in Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia
- biographical information on more than 150 leading political figures in the region
- a directory of major international organizations and research institutes concerned with the region
- select bibliographies of books and periodicals.
'An important new guide to the region.'
'An important new guide to the region.'- Reference Reviews
Part 1: General Survey Part 2: Country Surveys Sections on geography, history, chronology and economy, as well as statistical surveys, directories and bibliographies for each country. Part 3: Who's Who of Eastern Europe, Russian and Central Asia Part 4: Regional Information Regional Organizations. Research Institutes. Select Bibliography (Books). Select Bibliography (Periodicals). Index of Regional Organizations