Eco-Friendly Waterborne Polyurethanes
Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 27, 2022
The polyurethane industry is among the fastest growing, with polyurethanes used in consumer as well as industrial sectors. Waterborne polyurethanes (WPUs) exhibit many advantages over conventional volatile organic compounds (VOCs) based polyurethanes and have emerged as an environmentally friendly alternative. WPUs offer an opportunity to use sustainable raw materials to produce environmentally sustainable polymers, particularly, polyols derived from vegetable oils. Eco-Friendly Waterborne Polyurethanes: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications provides state-of-the-art knowledge of the synthesis, application, and property enhancement of WPUs.
- Covers various types of eco-friendly materials and technologies used to synthesize WPUs
- Presents an overview and applications of WPUs in several advanced research areas
- Provides fundamentals of synthetic processes and their chemistries for specific applications
- Elaborates on advanced approaches used to convert renewable resources into polymers
- Offers new direction to scientists, researchers, and students to better understand the chemistry, technologies, and applications
Written for polymer chemists, materials scientists, and other researchers and industry, this book serves as a comprehensive reference for readers interested in the development and application of sustainable polymers.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. 2. Chemistry and Technology of Waterborne Polyurethanes. 3. Novel Green Synthesis for Waterborne Polyurethanes. 4. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Flexible and Rigid Foams. 5. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Bio-medical Applications. 6. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Tissue Engineering. 7. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Biodegradable Coatings. 8. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Automobile Industries. 9. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Weather Protective Coatings. 10. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Corrosion Protective Coatings. 11. Conducting Waterborne Polyurethanes and their Applications. 12. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Electrical Applications. 13. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Electronic Applications. 14. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Energy Applications. 15. Catalysts based on Waterborne Polyurethanes. 16. Flame-Retardant Waterborne Polyurethanes. 17. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Sensors. 18. Shape Memory Waterborne Polyurethanes. 19. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Self-Healing Applications. 20. Adhesives based on Waterborne Polyurethanes. 21. Waterborne Polyurethanes for Sealants. 22. Nanocomposites of Waterborne Polyurethanes. 23. Future Outlook for Waterborne Polyurethanes
Dr. Ram Gupta is Associate Professor of Chemistry at Pittsburg State University. Dr. Gupta’s research focuses on green energy production and storage using conducting polymers and composites, electrocatalysts for fuel cells, nanomaterials, optoelectronics and photovoltaics devices, organic-inorganic hetero-junctions for sensors, nanomagnetism, bio-based polymers, bio-compatible nanofibers for tissue regeneration, scaffold and antibacterial applications, and bio-degradable metallic implants. Dr. Gupta has published over 200 peer-reviewed articles, given over 275 national/international/ regional presentations, chaired many sessions at national/international meetings, wrote several book chapters, and received over two million dollars for research and educational activities from external agencies. He serves as Associate Editor, Guest Editor, and editorial board member for various journals. Ajay Kumar Mishra (MSc, MPhil, Ph.D., FRSC) is Professor of Chemistry at the Nanotechnology and Water Sustainability Research Unit at the College of Science, Engineering & Technology at the University of South Africa. He also holds an adjunct professorship at Jiangsu University, China. His research interests include the synthesis of multifunctional nanomaterials, including polymers, carbon nanomaterials, composite materials, and wastewater research. Prof. Mishra has authored and edited numerous peer-reviewed scientific international journal articles and books in this subject area.