In this innovative series Education Write Now, ten of education’s most inspiring thought-leaders meet for a three-day retreat to think and write collaboratively, and then bring you the top takeaways you need right now to improve your school or classroom.
This third volume, edited by Jeffrey Zoul and Sanée Bell, focuses on overcoming common problems in your classroom or school. There are many challenges we face as educators, no matter what kind of district or building we work in. The authors provide practical, insightful solutions and inspiring stories to motivate you on your journey, so you can get past the roadblocks and focus on what matters most—bringing all students to success.
The royalties generated from this book will support the Will to Live Foundation, a nonprofit foundation working to prevent teen suicide.
Meet the Authors
Part I Personal Challenges as a Teacher
1. Sustaining Joy (Lynell Powell)
2. Breaking Free From Isolation (Rachelle Dene Poth)
Challenges in Your Classroom
3. Broadening Our Definition of Literacy (Jennifer Casa-Todd)
4. Making Libraries Relevant (Josh Stumpenhorst)
5. Developing Perseverance in Kids (David Geurin)
6. Promoting Positive Student Behavior (Jeffrey Zoul)
7. Connecting With Students of Color (Sanée Bell)
Part III Challenges in Your School
8. Elevating Instructional Supervision (Ross Cooper)
9. Shifting Professional Learning From Compliance to Empowerment (Katie Martin)
10. Maintaining Staff Morale (Danny Steele)