Elastane in Sports and Medical Textiles
- Available for pre-order on March 3, 2023. Item will ship after March 24, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Elastic garments have tremendous scope in the field of tight-fit sportswear and healthcare applications. Research towards improvement in the elasticity of fibre, yarn, and fabrics and development in testing methods for elastic garments is the current requirement for the industrial product development. This book covers elastane fibres, elastane yarn and fabric production methods, new attempts in yarn production, commercial ways of fabric-manufacturing techniques and the fabric properties, new testing methods to test the elastic products, and applications of elastic garments in sports and healthcare.
- Provides comprehensive review, process, and application of elastane fibres.
- Covers detailed information about manufacturing and testing methods of elastane fabrics.
- Reviews technical aspects of elastane in sportswear and healthcare.
- Discusses evaluation process for the elastane fabric performance.
- Defines production methods of woven and knitted fabrics using elastane.
This book is aimed at students and researchers in textile engineering/technology, textile design, human ecology and comfort, material engineering, sports sciences, medical science, and healthcare engineering.
Table of Contents
1. Elastane Fibers – Production and Properties. 2. Elastane Yarn and Fabric Production. 3. Characteristics of Elastane Fabrics. 4. Elastane in Garment Fit and Comfort. 5. Elastane in Medical Applications. 6. Elastane in Sportswear.
Dr. R. Rathinamoorthy has been working as an associate professor in the Department of Fashion Technology, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India, since 2009. He completed his PhD in Medical Textiles in 2016. Recently, he received the Young Achiever Award 2019 from the Institute of Engineers India (IEI), Coimbatore chapter. Also, in 2017, he received a national-level Young Engineer Award 2016·17 in the textile engineering domain from IEI, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. He has a Google H index of 19 and a Scopus H index of 13 with more than 1020 citations. He has published 20 national and 73 international research articles in various refereed and non-refereed journals. He has authored eight technical books in the area of apparel and fashion technology and has 28 book chapters with various international publishers to his credit. His research interests are sustainable materials and environmental sustainability as related to the textile industry. He is currently working on biomaterials for textiles uses and microfibre pollution generated from textiles.
Dr. M. Senthilkumar has been working in the Department of Textile Technology, PSG Polytechnic college, Coimbatore since 2006. He completed his PhD in 2012. He has published more than 50 articles in international and national reputed journals. He received Young Engineer Award 2014 for the textile engineering discipline instituted by the Institution of Engineers (India). He is actively involved in academic as well as research. He is presently working in the field of active sportswear.