Elastane in Sports and Medical Textiles
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after March 9, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Elastic garments have tremendous scope in the field of tight fit sportswear and healthcare application. Research towards improvement in the elasticity of fibre, yarn and fabrics and development in testing methods for elastic garments, is the current requirement for the industrial product development. This book covers elastane fibres, elastane yarn and fabric production methods, new attempts in yarn production, commercial ways of fabric manufacturing techniques and the fabric properties, new testing methods to test the elastic products and its application of elastic garments in sports and healthcare.
- Provides comprehensive review, process, and application of elastane fibres.
- Covers detailed information about manufacturing and testing methods.
- Reviews technical aspects of elastane in sportswear and healthcare.
- Discusses evaluation process for the fabric performance.
- Production methods of woven and knitted fabrics using elastane along with ecological considerations included.
This book is aimed at graduate students and researchers in textile engineering/technology, textile design, human ecology and comfort, material engineering, sports sciences, medical science, and health care engineering.
Table of Contents
1. Elastane Fibers – Production and Properties. 2. Elastane Yarn and Fabric Production. 3. Characteristics of Elastane Fabrics. 4. Elastane in Garment Fit and Comfort. 5. Elastane in Medical Applications. 6. Elastane in Sportswear.
Dr. M. Senthilkumar completed his PhD in the year 2012. He has published more than 50 articles in international and national reputed journals. He received the young engineer award 2014 for the textile engineering discipline instituted by the institution of engineers (India). He is actively involved in academics, as well as research. He is presently working in the field of active sportswear.