Now in its 9th Edition, Electrical Installation Calculations: Advanced has been updated to include all changes brought about by the introduction of the 18th edition of the IET Electrical Wiring Regulations (BS7671: 2018).
The advanced calculations have been set out simply with worked examples, along with additional questions and answers. Key terms are explained in a glossary section which can be used to assist the readers' understanding.
When this Level 3 book is used alongside Electrical Installation Calculations: Basic, the entire range of calculations are covered for courses that require electrical calculations for both Level 2 and Level 3. Many of the calculations are required daily by electricians involved in all parts of the industry.
This book has been relied upon by both students and electrical installation engineers for over 45 years. It contains all the required calculations for anyone who is engaged or intending to engage in a Level 3 electrical course. This would include (but not limited) to both City & Guilds and EAL courses.
Table of Contents
1. Use of Calculators
2. Simple Transposition of Formulae
3. SI Units
4. Conductor Colour Identification
5. Alternating Current Circuit Calculations
6. "Waveform and Phasor Representation of Alternating Currents and Voltages"
7. Parallel Circuits Involving Resistance, Inductance and Capacitance
8. Power Factor Improvement
9. Three-phase Circuit Calculations
10. "Voltmeters and Ammeters: Changing the Use and Extending the Range"
11. Alternating Current Motors
12. Application of Diversity Factors
13. "Cable Selection"
14. Lighting Calculations
16. Miscellaneous Examples
17. Photovoltaic Calculations
Christopher Kitcher has been working in the electrical industry for 60 years, many of which have been spent working on site. The last 20 years have entailed teaching and training at various colleges and companies. He is the author of Electricians' On-Site Companion (Routledge, 2017), Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (Routledge, 2018) and Electrical Installation Calculations: Basic (Routledge, 2022).