Electrical Installation Work
This highly successful book is now updated in line with the Amendment 2-2022 of 18th Edition of the Wiring Regulations. It provides a topic-by-topic progression through the areas of electrical installations, including how and why electrical installations are designed, installed and tested. This tenth edition contains new material on batteries, LED and ELV lighting, data cabling and renewable electricity generation and distribution, with some focus on medical locations, and a glossary of terms. The guidance on tools used and safety legislation has also been brought up to date.
Brian Scaddan’s subject-led approach makes this a valuable resource for professionals and students on both City & Guilds and EAL courses. This approach also makes it easy for those who are learning the topic from scratch to get to grips with it independently of any particular course.
The book is widely used in education and training across the UK and has been published for almost 40 years.
1. Basic Information and Calculations
3. Resistance, Current and Voltage, Power and Energy
5. Capacitors and Capacitance
6. Resistance, Inductance and Capacitance in Installation Work
7. Three-Phase Circuits
8. Motors and Generators
9. Cells and Batteries
10. Illumination and ELV Lighting
11. Electricity, the Environment and the Community
12. Health and Safety
13. The Electrical Contracting Industry
14. Installation Materials and Tools
15. Installation Circuits and Systems
16. Earthing and Bonding
18. Circuit and Design
20. Basic Electronics Technology
Answers to Self-Assessment Questions
Glossary of Electrical Installation Work