Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage Systems for Future Sustainability
This new volume discusses new and well-known electrochemical energy harvesting, conversion, and storage techniques. It provides significant insight into the current progress being made in this field and suggests plausible solutions to the future energy crisis along with approaches to mitigate environmental degradation caused by energy generation, production, and storage.
Topics in Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage Systems for Future Sustainability: Technological Advancements address photoelectrochemical catalysis by ZnO, hydrogen oxidation reaction for fuel cell application, and miniaturized energy storage devices in the form of micro-supercapacitors. The volume looks at the underlying mechanisms and acquired first-hand information on how to overcome some of the critical bottlenecks to achieve long-term and reliable energy solutions. The detailed synthesis processes that have been tried and tested over time through rigorous attempts of many researchers can help in selecting the most effective and economical ways to achieve maximum output and efficiency, without going through time-consuming and complex steps. The theoretical analyses and computational results corroborate the experimental findings for better and reliable energy solutions.
Table of Contents
1. Metal Chalcogenide-Based Electrochemical Capacitors
Satyajit Ratha and Aneeya Kumar Samantara
2. Photoelectrochemical Reduction of CO2 and Electrochemical Oxidation of CO
Surjendu Bhattacharyya and Biswajit Mishra
3. Hybrid Polymer Nanocomposites for Energy Storage/Conversion Devices: From Synthesis to Applications
Anil Arya and A. L. Sharma
4. Process, Design, and Technological Integration of Flexible Microsupercapacitors
Syed Mukulika Dinara
5. Catalytic Activities of Carbon-Based Nanostructures for Electrochemical CO2 Reduction: A Density Functional Approach
Mihir Ranjan Sahoo
6. A Catalyst for Hydrogen Oxidation Reaction and Its Application to Energy Storage
Avijit Biswal and Avinna Mishra
7. Theoretical and Computational Investigations of Li-Ion Battery Materials and Electrolytes
Anoop Kumar Kushwaha
8. Effect of Morphology and Doping on the Photoelectrochemical Performance of Zinc Oxide
Akash Sharma et al.
9. Methanol and Formic Acid Oxidation: Selective Fuel Cell Processes
Tapan Kumar Behera, Pramod Kumar Satapathy, and Priyabrat Mohapatra
Aneeya Kumar Samantara, PhD, is presently working as a postdoctoral fellow in the School of Chemical Sciences, National Institute of Science Education and Research, Khordha, Odisha, India.
Satyajit Ratha, PhD, pursued his PhD at the Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, India.