Electromagnetic compatibility is concerned with the generation, transmission, and reception of electromagnetic energy. The book discusses about the basic principles of electromagnetic interference (EMI) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) including causes, events, and mitigation of issues. The design procedures for EMI filter, the types of filters, and filter implementation methods are explained. The simulation of printed circuit board designs using different software and a step-by-step method is discussed in detail. This book addresses the gap between theory and practice using case studies with design, experiments, and supporting analysis.
- Discusses about the basic principles of EMI/EMC including causes and events
- Makes readers understand the problems in different applications because of EMI/EMC and the reducing methods
- Explores real-world case studies with code to provide hands-on experience
- Reviews design strategies for mitigation of noise
- Includes MATLAB, PSPICE, and ADS simulations for designing EMI Filter circuits.
The book is aimed at graduate students and researchers in electromagnetics, circuit and systems, and electrical engineering.