This book explores many fundamental topics in a basic and easy-to-understand manner. It, and the accompanying DC-AC Electrical Fundamentals by the same co-authors, have been developed using a classic textbook – Electricity and Electronics: A Survey (5th Edition) by Patrick and Fardo – as a framework. Both new books have been structured using the same basic sequence and organization of the textbook as previous editions.
This book has been expanded to 23 chapters, further simplifying content and providing a more comprehensive coverage of fundamental content. The content has been continually updated and revised through new editions and by external reviewers throughout the years. Additional quality checks to ensure technical accuracy, clarity and coverage of content have always been an area of focus. Each edition of the text has been improved through the following features:
- Improved and updated text content.
- Improved usage of illustrations and photos.
- Use of color to add emphasis and clarify content.
1. Semiconductor Fundamentals
2. P–N Junction Diodes
3. Zener Diodes
4. Power Supplies
5. Special Semiconductor Diodes
6. Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJTs)
7. BJT Amplifiers
8. Field Effect Transistors (FETs)
9. FET Amplifiers
10. Power Amplifiers
11. Amplification Systems
13. Optoelectronic Devices
14. Integrated Circuits (ICs)
15. Operational Amplifiers (Op-Amps)
16. Linear Op-Amp Circuits
17. Specialized Op-Amp Circuits
18. Filter Circuits
19. Oscillator Circuits
20. Radio Frequency (RF) Communication Circuits
21. Communication Systems
22. Digital Circuit Fundamentals