Elements of Multimedia presents a systematic introduction and integrated overview of the state-of-the-art innovations that make Multimedia a rapidly evolving technology in the digital domain. This book is also an invaluable resource for applied researchers. Some of the salient features of the book include:
- Overview of recent additions to multimedia like New Media, Digital Media, Social Media and Mobile Media.
- This book provides a starting point for researchers wishing to pursue research in Multimedia.
- Discussions on advances in Web Technology, particularly Web 2.0, as well as Multimedia Applications.
- Detailed descriptions on different Multimedia elements like text, graphics, images, audio, video and animation.
- Introduction to the concepts of data compression.
- Various aspects of multimedia presentations.
- Multimedia storage hardware.
- Databases for Multimedia data storage and indexing schemes for accessing Multimedia data.
- Multimedia communications and networking issues.
Each chapter ends with a review of the topics covered and a set of review questions to enable the student to go back to the chapter and recapitulate the subject matter. Answers to the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) are provided at the end of the book. Solutions of problems are also provided.
Table of Contents
1. Multimedia Systems. 2. Text. 3. Audio. 4. Image. 5. Video. 6. Animation and Graphics. 7. Data Compression. 8. Multimedia Presentations. 9. Multimedia Storage. 10. Multimedia Communication and Networking Issues.
Prof. Sreeparna Banerjee has completed her B.Sc, M.Sc and Ph.D degrees in Physics from Presidency College, Calcutta University and University of Virginia, USA, respectively. She has subsequently worked on Image Processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence for the last 25 years and published in refereed and SCI journals both in Physics and in these fields.