This book seeks to show the role of sustainability and innovation in the business and productive sector as good strategy to improve performance and contribute to growth and sustainable development through innovative strategies applied to the management process. Different public and private organizations seek to maintain their business and market share, while developing strategies to improve environmental performance through innovation and address new challenges that seek a productive sector responsible on environmental issues. This book offers an analysis of the relationship between sustainability and innovation in production with the aim to offer strategies to improve sustainability performance.
Table of Contents
1. Analysis of the Relationships among between Climate Change and Innovation in Colombia: An Empirical Approach
Alexander Cotte and Clara Inés Pardo Martínez
2. Organic Acid Production by Biotechnology
Lucidio Cristovão Fardelone, Taciani dos Santos Bella de Jesus, Gabriela Chaves da Silveira, Ynae Padilha David, Gustavo Paim Valença and Paulo José Samenho Moran
3. Urban and Territorial Dimensions of Habitability in Socially Focused Infrastructure Projects
Paula Andrea Valencia Londoño, Diana Valencia Londoño and Phoenix Storm Paz
4. Practicalities of a Cross-curricular Approach of Environmental Education
5. The Traditional Tax System before the Challenges of Circular Economy and Green Markets. Proposal of Selective Incentives
Reynier Limonta Montero
6. The Importance of Business Associations in Promoting the Socio-Environmental Sustainability Innovation Concept
7. Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) for the Design of Strategies in Digital Marketing
8. CORSIA Evolution: A Global Scheme for a Sustainable Colombian Aviation Industry
James Pérez-Morón and Lina Marrugo-Salas
9. An Introduction to the Status of Tourism in Mexico
Camilo José Medina Ramírez
10. Whither Environmental Accounting. The Challenge of Ecological and Green Accounting
Danny García Callejas and Carmen A. Ocampo-Salazar
11. One Health for the New Era of our Common Oikos
Maria Gabriela Valle Gottlieb, Vilma Maria Junges, Raquel Seibel and Vera Elizabeth Closs
Clara Inés Pardo Martínez, Post-Doctoral in energy and environmental policies, PhD in economics, certified auditor, with experience in advisory services, consulting, and management in areas such as the environment, quality, health and security, and energy. Activities in academic and management research on energy economics, energy efficiency, climate change, environmental systems, research methods, empirical analysis, social responsibility, and industrial productivity. Consultant for Interamerican Development Bank, World Bank, United Nations Development Program, Latin-American Organization for Energy, among others.
Alexander Cotte Poveda, PhD (c) has an Economics degree from the University Georg August Göttingen in Germany, Masters in Economics from the University of the Andes, and is an economist. He is Professor at the Universidad Santo Tomas of the Faculty of Economics, and International Consultant for the World Bank and European Union in areas such as R&D, the environmental systems, etc. He is Associate Editor of the Journal Socio-Economic Planning Sciences. He has published books and book chapters with publishers such as Springer, Taylor & Francis Group, Palgrave Macmillan.