Environmental Sustainability Using Green Technologies
Environmental Sustainability Using Green Technologies explains the role of green engineering and social responsibility in the development of chemicals, processes, products, and systems. Examining the relationship between economy, ecology, and equality—key factors in developing a sustainable society—this book covers several aspects of environmental sustainability, explores ways to use resources and processes more responsibly, and describes the tools required to overcome various challenges. It outlines the biotechnological applications, techniques, and processes needed to secure sustainable development and ensure long-lasting future success.
Insightful and highly comprehensive, this body of work addresses:
- Wastewater treatment technologies
- Nanomaterials in environmental applications
- Green synthesis of ecofriendly nanoparticles
- The role of phytoremediation in maintaining environmental sustainability
- Algal biosorption of heavy metals
- Mass production of microalgae for industrial applications
- Integrated biological system for the treatment of sulfate rich wastewater
- Anaerobic digestion of pharmaceutical effluent
- Treatment of textile dye using bioaccumulation techniques
- Production of biosurfactants and their applications in bioremediation
- Biodegradable polymers
- Microbial fuel cell (MFC) technology
- Biodiesel from nonedible oil using a packed bed membrane reactor
- Production of ecofriendly biodiesel from marine sources
- Pretreatment techniques for the enhancement of biogas production
- A review of source apportionment of air pollutants by receptor models and more
Environmental Sustainability Using Green Technologies provides excellent reference material that aids and supports sustainability, and offers practical guidance for professors, research scholars, industrialists, biotechnologists, and workers in the applied field of environmental engineering.
Wastewater Treatment Technologies and Recent Developments. Nanotechnology in Environmental Applications. Green Synthesis of Ecofriendly Nanoparticles and Their Medical Applications. Role of Phytoremediation in Maintaining Environmental Sustainability. Algal Biosorption of Heavy Metals. Current Developments in Mass Production of Microalgae for Industrial Applications. Integrated Biological System for the Treatment of Sulfate-Rich Wastewater. Enhancement of Anaerobic Digestion of Pharmaceutical Effluent. Treatment of Textile Dyes Using Biosorption and Bioaccumulation Techniques. Production of Biosurfactants and Its Application in Bioremediation. Biodegradable Polymers: Recent Perspectives. Microbial Fuel Cell Technology: A Sustainable Energy Producer from a Wide Variety of Waste Sources. Recent Advancements in Biodiesel from Nonedible Oils Using Packed Bed Membrane Reactors. Production of Ecofriendly Biodiesel from Marine Sources. Pretreatment Techniques for Enhancement of Biogas Production from Solid Wastes. A Comprehensive Review on Source Apportionment of Pollutants in the Atmosphere by Receptor Models.