Erotic Medievalisms Medieval Pleasures Empowering Marginalized People
Erotic Medievalisms is about the liberatory potential of sexualities, particularly as they relate to medieval histories and modern pleasures. Each of the texts analyzed within subvert norms rooted in medieval cultures or assumptions about the "real" Middle Ages, constructing queer histories that blur the lines between fantasy and authenticity. These medievalisms extend eroticisms and erogenous zones beyond normative limits of pleasure. Moreover, situating these diverse iterations of desire within the medieval past emends narrowly-constructed histories that limit the erotic fantasies and experiences of marginalized people.
Chapter 3 of this book is freely available as a downloadable Open Access PDF at http://www.taylorfrancis.com under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives (CC-BY-NC-ND) 4.0 license.
- Foreplay: Eroticizing the Middle Ages
- Grendel’s Cumming!: (Homoerotic) Horror in García and Rubín’s Beowulf
- Ass-ention of the Black Power Bottom in Lil Nas X’s "Montero"
- The Cunning Linguist of Agbabi’s "The Kiss"
- BDSMedievalisms: Past, Power, Pain/Pleasure
- Walk of Shame: The Conservative Assault on Sexual Liberties