Erotically Queer A Pink Therapy Guide for Practitioners
Erotically Queer is a practice guide for clinicians, bringing together experts in their field with pioneering topics within GSRD (gender, sex and relationship diversity).
Chapters cover an array of topics rarely discussed in either clinical or popular literature including lesbian sex, queer menopause, bisexuality, working with shame, the sex lives of asexuals, sexuality and transgender people, treating anodyspareunia, compulsive sexual behaviours and chemsex. It also helps practitioners reflect on their biases regarding BDSM/kink and understand more regarding non-pathologising practices with intersex people.
The book aims to help all clinicians work more effectively with the Queer population, with the most contemporary sexological knowledge.
Silva Neves and Dominic Davies
1. Attachment Narrative Therapy as a Tool for Sex Therapy with Lesbian Couples
2. Queer Menopause: working with the LGBTQIA+ menopausal client
3. Working with Sexual Shame
Simon Alexander Lyne
4. The Sex Lives of Asexuals
5. Exploring erotic diversity in heterosexuality: Keeping a queer eye for the straight guys
6. Intersex-centred sex therapy and relationship counselling: Six commonly neglected concerns of intersex adults
Dr Y. Gávriel Ansara
7. Trans Sex and Relationships: A practitioners' dialogue
Serge Nicholson and Ellis Morgan
8. Sex in transition: From the medicalisation of transgender sexuality to the centrality of pleasure
Dr Annalisa Anzani and Dr Antonio Prunas
9. Examining Therapist Bias When Working with Kink
Dr Lori Beth Bisbev
10. Treating Anodyspareunia in MSM
Dr Bartosz Grabski
11. MSM and Compulsive Sexual Behaviours
12. Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Working with Chemsex Behaviours in Psychotherapy
Dr Benedict Hoff
Dominic Davies and Silva Neves
"This volume adds to the existing Pink Therapy series by expanding the resources available for practitioners working with GSRD people across often challenging and, for some, controversial topics. The volume encompasses scenarios presenting in contemporary practice that are readily accessible for clinicians seeking knowledge from experienced practitioners. A clear message is that despite initially daunting and complex presentations, the volume provides authoritative practical pathways from top-notch experts to assist in identifying solutions within a competence informed therapeutic process."
Kevan Wylie, MD FRCP FESCM. Past President, World Association For Sexual Health
"It takes a while to acknowledge our biases and prejudices if we ever reach that point. Yet unchecked, we might think of providing the best service to our clients. ‘Erotically Queer’ questioned me: am I genuinely open to diversity? Through which lenses am I seeing my clients? When you come across such a book, you will know how much you commit to inclusivity and are brave to challenge your mindset constantly. It remains on my nightstand, as one reading is not enough."
Francesca Tripodi, Director, International Online Sexology Supervisors (IOSS)
"Erotically Queer, is a new volume of the Pink Therapy series, which brings together contributions from experts in the GSRD therapy field. Each chapter benefits from having the unfiltered and unique voice of the author as they take the reader on a rich and vibrant journey. This is an outstanding volume that is essential reading for all therapist at every level of experience whether in general or psychosexual practice."
Jo Coker, AccCOSRT(Sen) AccCOSRT (Sup) MBPsS FCOSRT. HCPC Counselling Psychologist. Professional Standards Manager COSRT