This book is a must-have resource for those engineering professionals seeking out best practice in engineering leadership and innovation. It is underpinned by years of applied experience in engineering settings, and is designed to develop and prepare engineers as leaders to accept the technical and managerial challenges that they will face as professionals
At a time when engineering and innovation in technology is of importance on so many fronts, this text encourages engineers and technical professionals to become effective, socially conscious leaders and innovators. The text and course material is designed to create an environment of interactive, high-engagement learning that will produce lifelong skills. Some of the many benefits of this book include:
- Accompanying notes, instructor’s manual, sample syllabi for qualifying textbook adoption;
- A complementary website with a wealth of ancillary resources;
- Case studies in STEM contexts;
- An international approach, underpinned by years of experience in US settings;
- Practical advice on how to distinguish yourself as an engineering leader;
- A solid grounding in ethics and professional responsibility.
Drawing together best practice in engineering leadership education, and current research in the field, this book is an essential read for those wishing to develop expertise in engineering leadership. Current professionals in the field, educators as well as students of engineering wishing to excel, will all be particularly interested readers.
Table of Contents
1. A Call to Leadership 2. The Role of Creativity and Innovation in Leadership 3. Leadership Within An Organization 4. Distinguishing Yourself as an Engineering Leader and Learning Your Engineering Leadership Style 5. Establishing the Vision as an Engineering Leader 6. Ethics and Professional Responsibility 7. Integration and Execution: Putting It All Together
Pamela McCauley is Professor and Director of the Ergonomics Laboratory in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Systems at the University of Central Florida, USA.
To gain access to the instructor resources for this title, please visit the Instructor Resources Download Hub.
You will be prompted to fill out a registration form