Essentials of Mechanical Stress Analysis
Essentials of Mechanical Stress Analysis, updated for the second edition, covers stress analysis from an interdisciplinary perspective. Discussing techniques and theories essential to analysing structures, the book covers both analytical and numerical approaches.
The second edition adds new topics and updates research to follow current advances in the field. New sections on material properties, composite materials and finite element analysis enable the reader to further establish the fundamental theory behind material behaviour and the causes of stress and strain. Also covering beams, plates, columns and elastic instability, the book discusses fatigue, life cycle, energy methods and MathCAD sample code.
As a clear and comprehensive guide to stress and structural analysis, this book is relevant to students and scholars in the fields of mechanical, aerospace and civil engineering, as well as materials science.
1. Basics of Engineering Materials
2. Stress and Strain Relationship
3. Stresses due to Various Loading Conditions
4. Failure Criteria
5. Beam Analysis Theory
6. Plate Analysis Theory
7. Elastic Stability and Buckling
8. Energy Methods
9. Fatigue Analysis
10. Numerical and Finite Element Methods
11. Composite Analysis Theory
12. Fasteners and Joint Connections
13. MathCAD® Stress Analysis Simulations