European Union Encyclopedia and Directory 2007
- This format is currently out of stock.
Thoroughly updated, this new edition provides extensive information on all matters relating to the European Union and full coverage of the expansion of the EU under the Nice Treaty. The volume contains:
- an A-Z section of concise definitions and explanations of organizations, acronyms and terms, and articles on each member state
- a series of introductory articles providing an overall view of the policies and activities of the EU
- a statistical section covering: population, employment, agriculture, energy and mining, industry, finance, trade, transport and communications, tourism, health and welfare, environment and education across the EU
- an extensive directory of key names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, email and internet addresses of all major European Union institutions and their official bodies
- details of MEPs - their political groups and national parties, members of major committees, Directorates-General, EU-level bodies, interest and lobbying groups and professional associations.
'A useful, indeed exhaustively comprehensive, collection of European official facts and figures, this book is strongly recommended.' - Reference Reviews
'A one-volume source book complete with an encyclopedia, essays, statistical data and a directory.' - Choice
'An excellent one-stop reference.' - Library Journal