Packed with more than 500 techniques, this book delivers what you need to know-on the spot. It is suited to editors of all experience levels, whether you are:
* Migrating from another NLE
* Upgrading to Final Cut Studio 2
* Seeking a handy reference to raise your proficiency
No need to wade through tomes of documentation. Final Cut Studio On the Spot presents immediate solutions in an accessible format. Step-by-step instruction by Apple Certified Pros shows you how to:
* Optimize system performance
* Create impressive titles with Generators, Motion, LiveType, and Photoshop
* Build Commercial-quality transitions
* Work quickly with buttons and keyboard shortcuts
* Color correct to save vital shots, and keep them broadcast legal
* Fix and mix for professional-quality audio
* Use the compositing tools of master editors
* Design and import graphics seamlessly
* Integrate with other applications including Motion, Soundtrack Pro and Color
* Troubleshoot and recover files
* Manage media and backup strategies
* Export and publish finished projects to tape, DVD, or the Web
Table of Contents
Plugging in; Setting Yourself up for success; Notching it up; A cut above; Fixing it in post; Type-Oh!; One-click wonders; Sounds good; Still life; Master of your domain; Crisis management; The finish line; A place for Everything; I didn't know you could do that; Out of the box; Mixing it up; New and improved
A digital video expert and a trained business professional, Rich understands both the creative and management sides of the visual communications industry. He's held such diverse jobs as directing newscasts and publishing music magazines, to managing a production department and consulting non-profit agencies. Rich graduated from Drake University School of Journalism with dual degrees in Broadcast News and Radio-Television Production. He also holds a master's degree in Project Management from Keller Graduate School of Management.
Abba Shapiro is a lead instructor for Apple's certified training program and an award-winning writer/producer/director in video and film production with over 20 years of experience. His production company, Shapiro Video & Multimedia, serves a wide range of commercial, corporate, and federal clients. He teaches Final Cut Studio, and Photoshop for video courses throughout the US.
Robbie Carman is part of the first generation of certified Apple Final Cut Pro instructors. Currently he is certified to teach Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Aperture, and Motion. Robbie specializes in online editing and color correction on standard and high definition projects.
"What a breath of fresh air! Amongst all my FCP books, "Final Cut Pro 4 On the Spot" is quickly becoming one of the most dog-eared! I highly recommend this book for folks that are motivated to take their knowledge of FCP to new heights. Bravo Gentlemen!"
Kevin Monahan, Author-"Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro" Apple Certified Instructor
"...provides you with wonderful tips and tricks, most of which you won't get anywhere else." --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Michael Horton, president, Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group