Finite Element Analysis of Weld Thermal Cycles Using ANSYS
Finite Element Analysis of Weld Thermal Cycles Using ANSYS aims at educating a young researcher on the transient analysis of welding thermal cycles using ANSYS. It essentially deals with the methods of calculation of the arc heat in a welded component when the analysis is simplified into either a cross sectional analysis or an in-plane analysis. The book covers five different cases involving different welding processes, component geometry, size of the element and dissimilar material properties. A detailed step by step calculation is presented followed by APDL program listing and output charts from ANSYS.
- Provides useful background information on welding processes, thermal cycles and finite element method
- Presents calculation procedure for determining the arc heat input in a cross sectional analysis and an in-plane analysis
- Enables visualization of the arc heat in a FEM model for various positions of the arc
- Discusses analysis of advanced cases like dissimilar welding and circumferential welding
- Includes step by step procedure for running the analysis with typical input APDL program listing and output charts from ANSYS.