Finite Element Modeling and Simulation with ANSYS Workbench 18, Second Edition, combines finite element theory with real-world practice. Providing an introduction to finite element modeling and analysis for those with no prior experience, and written by authors with a combined experience of 30 years teaching the subject, this text presents FEM formulations integrated with relevant hands-on instructions for using ANSYS Workbench 18. Incorporating the basic theories of FEA, simulation case studies, and the use of ANSYS Workbench in the modeling of engineering problems, the book also establishes the finite element method as a powerful numerical tool in engineering design and analysis.
- Uses ANSYS Workbench™ 18, which integrates the ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler™ into common simulation workflows for ease of use and rapid geometry manipulation, as the FEA environment, with full-color screen shots and diagrams.
- Covers fundamental concepts and practical knowledge of finite element modeling and simulation, with full-color graphics throughout.
- Contains numerous simulation case studies, demonstrated in a step-by-step fashion.
- Includes web-based simulation files for ANSYS Workbench 18 examples.
- Provides analyses of trusses, beams, frames, plane stress and strain problems, plates and shells, 3-D design components, and assembly structures, as well as analyses of thermal and fluid problems.
2. Bars and Trusses
3. Beams and Frames
4. Two-Dimensional Elasticity
5. Modeling and Solution Techniques
6. Plate and Shell Analyses
7. Three-Dimensional Elasticity
8. Structural Vibration and Dynamics
9. Thermal Analysis
10. Introduction to Fluid Analysis
11. Design Optimization
12. Failure Analysis