This book provides an array of concise solutions to the wide variety of problems that are faced by postproduction artists in the post process. With an application-agnostic approach, it gives proven, step-by-step methods to solving the most frequently encountered postproduction problems. Also included is access to a free, password-protected website that features application-specific resolutions to the problems presented, with fixes for working in Apple's Final Cut Studio suite, Avid's Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, as well as other applications.
Lessons are enhanced through eye-catching 4 color illustrations throughout. Solutions are provided for common audio, video, digital, editorial, color, timing and compositing problems, such as, but not limited to:
* automated dialogue replacement, adjusting sync, and correcting pitch
* turning SD into HD (and vice-versa) and restoration of old film for video
* removing duplicate frames, repairing corrupt frames, and anti-aliasing
* maintaining continuity, removing soft cuts, and troubleshooting timecodes
* adding vignettes, removing color casts, and legalizing color
* speeding shots up or slowing shots down, and smoothing timelapse
* reframing shots, sky replacement, and object addition or removal
The book is presented in a "cookbook" format, allowing you to reference your exact problem in the TOC or index, go to that section, and immediately implement the solution featured.
"Finally! A well-written software agnostic guide to fixing common problems in post ranging from shaky camera to film look!"
-Jerry Hofmann, Apple Certified Trainer; FCP Forum Leader, Creative Cow; Owner, JLH Productions
Introduction; Essential Techniques; Fixing Lens Problems; Fixing Video Problems; Fixing Film Problems; Fixing Digital Problems; Fixing Audio Problems; Fixing Colour Problems; Fixing Composition Problems; Fixing Timing Problems; Fixing Editorial Problems; Basic Strategies; Referene Data