This book focuses on flame retardants (FR) for textile materials. It discusses basics of flame retardancy and flammability and covers various types of flame retardants and materials, including natural FRs, halogen, phosphorous, and nanomaterial-based FRs. This book also discusses methods of applications of FRs and discusses FRs and the environment.
- Covers a variety of interdisciplinary applications in the textile industry
- Emphasizes environmental aspects
- Reports on a large number of FR compounds studied globally
- Discusses in detail recent developments in halogen-free eco-friendly flame retardants
- Extensively describes basic aspects of flame retardancy and their measurements
Aimed at the practitioner and textile engineering professional this work aims to ensure development of safe textile materials for various uses, including apparel, protective wear, floor coverings, upholstery, drapery, and others.
Table of Contents
1. Fire Hazards and Associated Terminology
3. Inherent FR Fibres
4. Flame Retardants
5. Halogen-Based FRs
6. Phosphorous-Based FRs.
7. Intumescent FRs (IFRs)
8. Nanomaterial-based FRs.
9. Flame Retarancy of Synthetic Fibers
10. Flame Retardants and the Environment
Dr. Asim Kumar Roy Choudhury is Principal at KPS Institute of Polytechnic, Belmuri. He retired as Professor and HOD (Textile) from the Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Serampore (W.B.), India. He has over 35 years’ experience in textile coloration and finishing in academia and industry and has written numerous papers and several books on the subject.