Originally published in 1994 this book undertakes a comprehensive study dealing with the effects of machine flexibility, tool magazine capacity, varying production demands and different oeprating policies on the production planning problems. Performance measures such as FMS flexibility, makespan and inventory are used in evaluating the effects. Three measures of FMS flexibility - actual routing flexibility, potential routing flexibility and capacity flexibility are defined and operationalized.
Table of Contents
1. Flexible Manufacturing Systems 2. Flexibility 3. Literature Review 4. Development of Models 5. Development of Hypotheses 6. Resutls and Discussions 7. Study Implications
About the Series
Originally published between 1994 and 2000 the volumes in this set discuss:
- the successful implementation of radical, technological innovations within business organizations.
- issues of Chinese rural-rural and rural-urban migration
- a number of subjects of significance for labor and economic policy, especially the role of U. S. tax policy in the relocation of jobs from the contintental USA to Puerto Rico.
- the impact an immigrant community in the USA has on the type and quantity of foreign goods available.
- the relation between technology and the exercise of sea power.
- problems related to investment planning, capacity additions, and choice of technology in dynamic manufacturing systems.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Economics / General
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / International / Economics
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Economics / Theory