Critically examining conceptions of freedom of some of the leading contemporary philosophers from Isaiah Berlin to Charles Taylor, Hans Blokland explores the value and significance that freedom has acquired on our political consciousness. He looks specifically at:
* positive and negative freedom
* freedom of the individual
* freedom and society
* emancipation and paternalism
* freedom and cultural politics.
About the Series
This series explores core issues in political philosophy and social theory. Addressing theoretical subjects of both historical and contemporary relevance, the series has broad appeal across the social sciences. Contributions include new studies of major thinkers, key debates and critical concepts.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / General
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology / General