- This product is currently out of stock.
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Designed for all students of hospitality and tourism management, the second edition of this best selling text gives a modern approach to front office operations and management using realistic scenarios set in the hotel environment
Key features of this essential text:
· user-friendly style of writing and accessible page layout enables students to use it as a reference book as well as a textbook
· updated in the light of recent developments such as global distribution systems and the internet
· greater focus on increasing yield and expansion of vital management aspects such as staffing and equipment
· additional extended, practical exercise material.
Front Office reflects the importance of different features of the receptionist's work and is divided into four main sections:
· Procedural aspects
· Dealing with people
· Increasing yield
· Management aspects
Front Office is ideal for GNVQ/ BTEC students, those taking the professional exams of the HCIMA, and for undergraduates and postgraduates studying hospitality and tourism management and all relevant executive courses.
Table of Contents
Introduction; Procedural aspects - Advance bookings; Check-in and related issues; Guest accounting; Dealing with people - Security - Hospitality; Social skills; Increasing Yield - sales; Marketing aspects; Yield management; Groups; management aspects - Tariffs, Control; Staffing; Equipment; Index.
Peter Abbott, Sue Lewry