Cognizing the significance of fruits and vegetables in the human diet. This book is designed to provide an insight into the nutritional importance of fruits and vegetables in human health, disease prevention, managing stress and boosting immunity, especially in this COVID-19 pandemic.
The book contains a very concise and precise information on nutraceuticals, their sources and benefits. It also contains the best possible information regarding common health issues faced by humans and their prevention with the help of bioactive compounds, maintaining a focus throughout on how nutraceuticals influence human health.
The information provided in this book is truly based on scientific records of scientists working in the arena of bioactive compounds of fruits and vegetables and their role in disease prevention of humans as well as Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) acts and regulations.
Note: Taylor & Francis does not sell or distribute the hardback in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
2. Present Scenario of Nutraceutical Market
3. Food and Nutrient Intake behaviour of Indians
4. Importance of Nutraceuticals
5. Nutraceutical: Definition and Concept
6. Difference between Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical
7. Food Safety and Standards
8. Classification of Nutraceuticals
9. Benefits of Fruits and Vegetables as Nutraceuticals
10. Plant Food Residues as a Vital Source of Nutraceuticals and Functional Food
11. Nutraceutical Delivery Vehicles
12. Advantages of Nutraceuticals or Functional Food in Disease Prevention and Management