This book is the first in the literature to present the state of the art and some interesting and relevant applications of the Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process (FAHP). The AHP is a conceptually and mathematically simple, easily implementable, yet extremely powerful tool for group decision making and is used around the world in a wide variety of decision situations, in fields such as government, business, industry, healthcare, and education. The aim of this book is to study various fuzzy methods for dealing with the imprecise and ambiguous data in AHP.
- First book available on FAHP.
- Showcases state-of-the-art developments.
- Contains several novel real-life applications.
- Provides useful insights to both academics and practitioners in making group decisions under uncertainty
This book provides the necessary background to work with existing fuzzy AHP models. Once the material in this book has been mastered, the reader will be able to apply fuzzy AHP models to his or her problems for making decisions with imprecise data.
Table of Contents
1. Analytic Hierarchy Process and Fuzzy Set Theory
Ali Emrouznejad and William Ho
2. The State of the Art in FAHP in Risk Assessment
Peh Sang Ng, Joshua Ignatius, Mark Goh, Amirah Rahman, and Feng Zhang
3. Comparison of Methods in FAHP with Application in Supplier Selection
Nimet Yapici Pehlivan, Turan Paksoy, and Ahmet Calik
4. Data Mining Group Decision-Making with FAHP: An Application in Supplier Evaluation and Segmentation
Mohammad Hasan Aghdaie
5. Group Decision-Making under Uncertainty: FAHP Using Intuitionistic and Hesitant Fuzzy Sets
Cengiz Kahraman and Fatih Tuysuz
6. An Integrated TOPSIS and FAHP
7. An Integrated Fuzzy Delphi-AHP-TOPSIS with an Application to Logistics Service Quality Evaluation Using a Multistakeholder Multiperspective Approach
Anjali Awasthi and Hassan Mukhtar
8. The Inclusion of Logical Interaction between Criteria in FAHP
Ksenija Mandić, Vjekoslav Bobar, and Boris Delibašić
9. Interval Type-2 FAHP: A Multicriteria Wind Turbine Selection
Cengiz Kahraman, Başar Oztayşi, and Sezi Cevik Onar
10. A Decision Support for Prioritizing Process Sustainability Tools Using FAHP
Vinodh S and Vimal KEK
11. Use of FAHP for Occupational Safety Risk Assessment: An Application in the Aluminum Extrusion Industry
Muhammet Gul and Ali Fuat Guneri
12. Assessing the Management of Electronic Scientific Journals Using Hybrid FDELPHI and FAHP Methodology
Nara Medianeira Stefano, Raul Otto Laux, Nelson Casarotto Filho, Lizandra Lupi Garcia Vergara, and Izabel Cristina Zattar
13. Applications of FAHP in Analysing Energy Systems
Sonal K. Thengane, Andrew Hoadley, Sankar Bhattacharya, Sagar Mitra, and Santanu Bandyopadhyaye
14. FAHP-Based Decision Making Framework for Construction Projects
Long D. Nguyen and Dai Q. Tran
15. Plantation Land Segmentation for an Orchard Establishment Using FAHP
Theagarajan Padma, S. P. Shantharajah, and Shabir Ahmad Mir
16. Developing a Decision on the Type of Prostate Cancer Using FAHP
17. Assessing Environmental Actions in the Natura 2000 Network Areas Using FAHP
J. M. Sanchez-Lozano and J. A. Bernal-Conesa
Ali Emrouznejad is a Professor of Business Analytics at Aston Business School, UK. His areas of research interest include performance measurement and management, efficiency and productivity analysis as well as data mining. Dr Emrouznejad is Editor/ Associate Editor in several journals in Decision Sciences. He has published over 110 articles and authored/edited several books.
William Ho is a senior lecturer in the Department of Management and Marketing at the University of Melbourne, Australia. William’s research interests include strategic sourcing and supplier performance management, supply chain risk management, and sustainable supply chain management. He has published over 50 articles in international peer-reviewed journals, and two authored books.